If you like peppermint patties, then you will love this recipe. My husband and kids love this Peppermint Fudge. But I’m not going to lie. This is not one of my favorite recipes. But it seems to be a hit with my husband and boys. So I will share it.
Now I love chocolate. I also LOVE Peppermint essential oil. In fact, I don’t leave home without my Peppermint oil. But I wonder who in their right mind would ever combine these two ingredients.
If you are one of those people who loves peppermint patties, then you are going to love this Peppermint Fudge (or so I have been told. It is super easy to make!
First, you combine 1 can of sweetened condensed milk with 3 cups of chocolate chips.
Microwave for a minute or so and then stir.
Add your Peppermint oil and stir really well. You want to get that mixed in consistently.
Spray with cooking spray a foil-lined 8×8 pan. The foil will make it easier to pop out the fudge later on. Pour in fudge and spread evenly.
After you refrigerate it for a couple of hours, pull out the foil and slice into small pieces.
1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
3 cups milk chocolate chips
5-6 drops Peppermint Vitality essential oil
- Mix together sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add Peppermint Vitality essential oil.
- Mix together to form a thick paste.
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread chocolate mixture in pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove foil and slice into pieces.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (if desired).